Sunday, October 2, 2011

Memory Money

Here are a few videos for your enjoyment:

http://bit.ly/oqKwsg
http://bit.ly/riM51z
http://bit.ly/nZ4TaP

Since my camera isn't working, I've decided for the time being that I'll take 10 second or so clips of my day, and just mesh it all together in the end. So far, I like the idea. It doesn't capture everything, but it at least relives a few moments.

Yesterday was Aiden's birthday, a coworker of Stephanie. Sally, Aiden, Steph, and I met and ate in the mall in Nagoya Station. I had an eggplant pasta. Be jealous.

Eventually we all met at a bowling alley which took too much of my money, but it was worth the punch out I got in the end (I would have proof of this, but the damned game didn't register my turkey in the end!). Later, we ate at a place (I am awful with remembering all of these Japanese names...) and went to another...place...which had infinite beer for two hours! I was literally told the name of this place 20 times, and I've still the ability to remember it. Ha! And I'm here to learn Japanese. How terrific.

We played this game called Lunch Money. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunch_Money_(game) It gets...interesting? Yeah, I'll cop out on that word.

May day was great. You should have been there. Yeah, here, in Japan. I'm in Japan, did you know that? Because I am!

Side note: It is hard being the new guy in a group. I found myself wanting to push myself away more often than not, but being comfortable within a group of people who are all connected in their own way isn't always meant to be. Only temporary shall I be, and only temporary shall they be. I tried the best I could, and the best I can is good enough. :)

3 comments:

  1. Always be the one to step beyond your comfort zone. There is a saying about life.... Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one waits forever. Be safe and confident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bo, It is Monday night and I haven't heard from you. Skype is acting a little funny. I got this weird notice about computer problems, but my co-workers tell me to ignore it. I think it might be the real deal and not spam so I'll give you one more day to contact me. If I haven't heard from you by Wednesday, I'll contact your advisor. I hope you are settling in and excited about beginning your year. Love ya! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, It's Papa's birthday today. He said that he enjoys your blog. If you get this comment, maybe post another short blog or video (actually I hope you are studying so do what you can!:)

    ReplyDelete