Tuesday, September 27, 2011

First Adventure

I woke up after a much needed sleep, and was treated to a banana and left over airplane food. Stephanie was getting ready to go to work, and I was counting out my money. After she left, I had planned on going to the post office to get more money from my bank account, but I realized how tired I truly was and slept for another 3-4 hours.

When I woke up, Stephanie had come back, and we got ready to head to Nagoya to meet up with some of Steph's coworkers. The walk over to the Yatomo Kintetsu station was a pleasant one. The sky was clear and the weather was cool. We got to the station shortly and off we were to Nagoya Station.

Upon arriving, we headed straight toward the post office. There, I took out much needed mullah from an ATM. Across from the post office was a Krispy Kreme, helping me realize that I was hungry. Good thing I have money now to enjoy all my meals!

We left the station and walked into a store where I purchased a coin case. Because up to the equivalent of five American dollars is on a coin in Japan, change isn't something you can merely toss in your bag. So having a coin case was needed and, so far, has been a wonderful purchase. While at the store, I saw the most awesome DBZ drinks (http://bit.ly/pPsxaz). POWER SQUASH! lol DBZ will never get old.

Leaving the store, we walked back near the exit of Nagoya Station. There is a fairly big plaza in this area with many shops. In the area, there was a vending machine full of many drinks. When I can to Japan in 2008, there was this drink called Real Gold (http://bit.ly/ppEtCr) that supposedly had nicotine in it. Just by chance, this vending machine had it, and I "had to have" it. Turns out it is still amazing.


Afterwards, we went to this British pub named OXO (http://bit.ly/qk1KwS). It was interesting. The environment was dark and bar like, but it had really fancy chandeliers. Funny if you ask me. I ordered a Whiskey Coke and a Moscow Mule. They were a bit weak but enjoyable. Steph and I sat and waited to meet her friends. First came Mark, then Sally, and finally Lea (sp?). Mark and Sally are British and Lea is American. When we all settled, I began to laugh in the back in my mind. Of course we three white, English-speaking people would go to an English pub. Typical foreigners. Anywho, I met and greeted all of them, which all seemed like fun people.


When we finished out drinks, we went to this chicken place to have dinner. I forget the name of it, but it had tori in it which means bird in Japanese. The walk over was as equally as pleasant as the walk to Yatomi station was, cool and relaxing and short. We walked up a flight of stairs, and there it was. I was so hungry at this point that everything I was smelling smelt like a goddess. We sit and order and have our way with multiple, well, meats on a stick. Oh, and cabbage. Think of the chips you get at a Mexican restaurant, this is what the cabbage's role was. It was good, though. When we started getting into our food, Mark had to leave to Skype, as he calls her, the Misses.


Filling my stomach on some much needed food, we walk over to Mr. Donut. On the way, I spot a sign that Jordan said I wouldn't ever spot (http://bit.ly/qe1NIM). Seems I found Waldo. Besides feeling smarter and more aware of life than my stupid friend, I was excited to have a doughnut! Especially a Mr. Donut. I'm not sure if any have noticed, but on my backpack, I have a couple of paraphernalia on a zipper. One of them is a souvenir from Mr. Donut back in 2008.


There, I got a strawberry donut, ate and enjoyed it with everyone else. We laugh over silly nonsense for awhile before we decide to part ways. It was around 9 PM and had been dark for about 3 or so hours. It felt late and I was getting tired. Steph and I headed back on the train and made way to her place. We cozzy ourselves and sleep off a great day.

6 comments:

  1. I'm surprised they had a Denny's. That sounded like a nice and relaxing first day. We loved the pics...but I wanted to see the chandeliers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are going to need to buy Stephanie a present. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bo! I think I am going to change the RB/WR slot to RB/WR/TE because of the 2/3rds majority in the poll. I am glad to hear from you, and you should go to denny's when you are missing AMERICA. I think the DBZ drinks just confirmed some stereotypes of Japan. Do you have your Fantasy football team under control now, or should I change it for you on gameday? I hope you are having fun in Japan, and your mom is right, Stephanie is pretty awesome for letting you stay with her and showing you around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are a good blogger! It sounds like an awesome first day.

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chandeliers will be acomin today.

    ReplyDelete